Thursday, May 12, 2011

First Mistake, The kiln stand....


Last Night I finally cleaned up enough of the basement to begin putting together the kiln stand. The stand is essential for operating the kiln safely. This stand will keep the kiln approximately 20" off of the ground. The instructions seemed to imply that the stand needed to be weaved together, like you would with a cardboard box that you wanted to close without tape. See picture to the left. I wrote paragon an email asking if this was indeed the case, but they have not replied to me as of yet. Having found the picture on the internet, I'm going to assume that I do need to weave it together, which means taking 2 legs off and weaving correctly and then placing them back. After that I need to make absolutely certain that the shelf is level before putting the kiln on it and having some fun. I'm sure some homemade pictures will be on their way soon.

Update: Paragon emailed back today and confirmed that the kiln stand is to be weaved together.

No comments:

Post a Comment