Wednesday, October 23, 2013

SlumpFest2103

Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend SlumpFest2013 held at Slumpy's in Belmont, NC. It was a hard drive down after work on Friday and then back home Sunday after having classes for the day. I had surgery for a hernia scheduled for Monday morning so I couldn't take an extra day to make it easier on me. The surgery went well and I'm recovering now.

Slumpy's is located in a 100 year old former textile building. It was absolutely huge! We got to be there for the ribbon cutting ceremony to the new showroom, which was nicely put together with many example pieces to look at.

I got to learn two main techniques, glass stamping and crackle glass. I will outline those processes in my next two blog posts. For now here are some highlights from the store.

SlumpFest Participants and Staff
Slumpy's owners ribbon cutting


Left over signage from the textile mill

This is only a fraction of the space they have available
Kiln casted face
Kiln casted torso

Molds with example pieces


No comments:

Post a Comment