Sunday, October 27, 2013

Do you have any Hunny?

We have had 2 little girls visiting with us all the past week, ages 6 moths and 3 years. The 3 year old has a big stuffed Eeyore that she likes to sleep with. We also read pooh stories, and she loves when I sing the Tigger song. So Friday night, I decided I'd like to make a little project for them before they head home on Monday.

I used some blue glass and white iridized glass I had on hand to cut out a honey pot. I then cut a lid shape from the blue and a small handle for the lid from adventurine black. Luckily I had some black stringer on hand. I nipped off small pieces, stole my wife's tweezers and spelled out HUNNY in block letters. I dropped Bullseye GlasTac firing glue on it to keep it in place and left it to dry.

Saturday I added a piece of wire between 2 layers, so that it could be hung then I set it to contour fuse at 1400. It ended up a little more flat than I was going for, but the letters are still raised. Next time I will try a temperature closer to a tack, perhaps that will give me what I wanted. For a first run, I'm happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment