Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bamboo project part 3

My mantra has been that is it all "an experiment". Well, some experiments go well, others not so much. So far, I would rate this a 6 out of 10. My contour fuse was too hot for too long and ended up being more of a full fuse and less of a contour. This being my first time ever doing a contour fuse, I can't be too upset with it.

I can however pick on my color choices a bit. I would have liked the leaves to be more opaque. I also would like the bamboo to have a bit more color texture to them. I can partly explain all of this by saying, that is what the glass store had available when I was there. I did not want to go through the bother of ordering glass to get exactly what I wanted. With those things in consideration, it was well worth the time and expense to get the experience.

My next step will be etching the back of the glass. I think I may have settled in on etching the whole back with the exception of the bamboo relief. I will post the finished piece after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment