Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bamboo project part 2, contour fuse

With the relief image of the bamboo done, I've now laid out colored pieces for bamboo on top. The idea is that I will contour fuse the top pieces into the bottom piece. A contour fuse is mid way between a tack fuse (where the top piece doesn't really sink into the bottom piece but will have softer edges) and a full fuse (where the top piece sinks all the way into the bottom piece).

I left the fiber paper attached to the bottom for the moment, I did not want to possibly lose the relief image during the contour fuse cycle. I also cut the glass "freestyle" with no pattern. I am hoping this will give it a more organic feel in the end.

I am very excited for this to work out and very nervous that the contour fuse will be too much or too little. This is my first contour fuse and therefore officially a test of the proper schedule. Here's to crossing my fingers and toes. I can't wait until tonight to see if this worked out!

I'm using the Spectrum glass contour fuse schedule, because I'm using their glass.

  • SP 744 Easter Opal
  • SF 798 Khaki
  • SF Light Green

Segment
Ramp
Temp
Hold
1
300°
1150°
30
2
400°
1440°
10
3
AFAP
950°
60
4
150°
800°
10

No comments:

Post a Comment